Herbal Hints for Women
- Ginger, in hot ginger tea or mixed with milk, is an old remedy for
pain associated with menstruation.
- Other herbs reputed to ease menstrual cramps include allspice,
angelica, bee balm, lemon balm, black haw, chamomile, feverfew,
rosemary, thyme and valerian.
- Celery seed is reputed to ease water retention.
- Decocted basil, in strong tea, can ease the pain of cramps and heavy
- Consume raw garlic in your daily diet to prevent and treat yeast
- If you are trying to get pregnant, look for herbs that stimulate the
reproductive system, such as peppermint and marigold flowers, ginseng,
false unicorn root, and blue cohosh.
- An infusion of basil can be effective for minimizing the night sweats
- Massage the temples with lavender oil to ease anxiety.
- For melancholy or depression, drink rosemary tea by itself or combined
with skullcap or vervain.